Yeast-Free Swiss Steak
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 lb. round steak, cut into 4 equal portions with fat removed
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs. Bragg's Amino Acids
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed oregano
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
- 1 8 ½ oz can peas, drained, rinsed
- Warm a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add steak and brown on both sides.
- Drain off any fat.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion, salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley; mix well.
- Pour over meat in skillet, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Gently stir in peas and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until peas are thoroughly heated.