You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 large baking apples, peeled, sliced (Granny Smith Apples are low on the glycemic index, so they will be your best bet)
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup freshly milled whole wheat flour, rice flour, or oat flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup ghee
1. Heat the oven to 350° degrees.
2. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the apples in the pan.
3. Mix the sucanat, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, and nutmeg together and place on top of the apple.
4. Drop dots of margarine over the dry mixture.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
=> Serves 6
=> Preparation time: 20 minutes
=> Cooking time: 25 minutes
=> Ready in: 45 minutes