Here’s a clever and tasty way to get your veggies…
- 2 Tbs ghee
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Place a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the ghee or oil and stir until just melted.
- Add the broccoli and sauté until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use a hand blender and carefully use to puree the soup to the consistency that you like. (Note: If you use a blender, be very careful. Hot liquids added to a blender can explode.)
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- You can garnish with a sprinkling of fresh chives.
* For Cream of Broccoli Soup, simply take 1/3 cup of dry white beans and pulse in a blender until it looks like flour. Add this flour into a small amount of the soup until it is well mixed. Then stir the bean mixture into the pot of soup. Yummy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 40 minutes