- 1 1/2 cups Baking Mix
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tb honey, optional
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup liquid ( could use rice milk, broth, tomato juice, etc.)
- 1/2 cup salsa, vinegar-free
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, thawed, drained or cut from the cob
- 1 can diced green chilies
- Combine mix, cornmeal and honey.
- Add liquids and egg, beaten together.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Add the corn and green chilies and mix well.
- Pour into an 8" square pan or hot greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 35 minutes