- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbs sucanat
- 3 Tbs ghee
- 2 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, optional
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake until tender and begins to ooze sugary syrup, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a large bowl.
- Add the cream, sugar, butter, syrup, salt and pepper, and thyme, if using and mix, mashing until the potato mixture is smooth.
- Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
Ready in: 85 minutes