- 3 bulbs fennel, sliced 1/4 thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup legal milk
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the fennel, onion and garlic on a baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are caramelized and soft.
- Scrape all the vegetables into a blender or food processor.
- Add the chicken broth and puree until smooth.
- Adjust with more broth, if necessary.
- Strain into a soup pot and add the milk.
- Heat over medium until hot.
- Adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Ready in: 70 minutes